Chewy’s December Surprise
For the month of December, Chewy sent us Ziwi Good Dog Rewards Air-Dried Lamb Dog Treats.
These came in an aluminum foil packaging measuring three ounces. We were excited to try these as they are grain free and other preservatives. As I have mentioned in my past blog posts Ginger has had tummy issues for years and I have been able to get it under control by putting her on a cooked diet with little to no grains.
As usual we had a special guest staying with us named Peanut and she was interested in what the fuss was all about with these new treats. Ginger being the kind hostess that she is obliged and shared with Peanut. These seemed to be a hit since both girls ate them. They seemed to love the flavor.
What I like about these treats is that they seem to provide a lot of nutritional value. These small treats provide only 5.6 calories each and are perfect for giving as a reward and/or training. Their lamb is free-range and grass-fed on traceable, approved New Zealand farms.
One thing to keep in mind is that these are not made in the U.S.A. They are made in New Zealand. I am sure you can contact the company to get more information.
Some of the benefits include:
- Helps support digestion, increases energy, and helps aid in recovery from injury or sickness.
- 100% free of added hormones, fillers, grains, rice, potatoes, antibiotics, and GMO’s.
- Lamb formula is 98% meat that is free of antibiotics and added hormones.
- Made with a gentle twin-stage air-drying process that naturally preserves all the ingredients while eliminating pathogenic bacteria.
- No grains, corn, soy, potatoes, wheat, rice, fillers, sugars, glycerin’s, rendered meals or preservatives.
Again both dogs really enjoyed these. I think these are great for those with sensitive stomachs. You can also check out Chewy’s website as the company makes these in other flavors.
If you are interested in purchasing these and giving them a try, you can purchase them here
*Disclaimer: I received this item free of charge from Chewy.com in an exchange for my honest review.